The Global Climate Change Adaptation Partnership (GCAP) is an international company that develops robust, flexible climate adaptation solutions aligned with the unique institutional requirements of our clients, from national planning to local operations. Our distinctive approach combines in-depth knowledge and access to vast amounts of data-from climate to vulnerability, impacts and adaptation options-with strong operational and planning insights.
GCAP develops solutions through an expanding network of offices and leading experts located in regions where adaptation services are most in demand.
As the pace of climate change accelerates, businesses, donors and governments are increasingly engaging in efforts to determine sound climate adaptation solutions.In order to maintain its significant growth, GCAP seeks Climate FinanceExpertsto help support and provide technical excellence in our growing number of climate adaptation projects.
- Working with GCAP on a project-by-project basis
- Successfully completing assigned tasks and deliverables on time and of the highest quality
- Working closely with senior leadership team and project managers
- 10-15 years of technical experience working on climate change and adaptation finance
- Knowledge of existing international and national financial structures and funds
- English speaking and comprehension fluency. Additional languages are a plus
- Ability to handle international and regional travel
- Excellent skills in time management
- Ability to work remotely from home office, company offices and independently
- Excellent Team player
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant client experience
- Successful applicants must be committed to the GCAP vision: client oriented services, team building and multi-disciplinary assessment
- Technical experience working in the Climate Change, Adaptation and Mitigation field
- Technical experience conducting financial assets
- Strong familiarity with the climate change adaptation issues in target location with proven networks within the government, private sector and civil societies
- Experience with climate trust funds and other climate financial mechanisms
- Experience working across different sectors
- Experience working with government stakeholders in national and/or regional policy development and implementation in climate change activities
- Advanced degree and experience in climate change, economics, finance, natural resources, livelihoods and/or environment with proven qualifications in adaptation issues
- Knowledge of the major climate adaptation players in your area
If interested in working with GCAP on a project basis or exploring potential future long-term options, please send a CV, including your contact information, to email@example.com.
Read more about the position here.