The Climate Collaborative Coordinator will be responsible for performing daily tasks to help manage activities related to energy efficiency and other Climate Collaborative projects. The Coordinator will possess strong writing, speaking, and organizational skills and will have a working knowledge of climate mitigation and adaptation strategies. The Coordinator will be generally familiar with local government/public agency organizational structure and planning processes.
- Analyze and make thoughtful suggestions on the design and implementation of Climate Collaborative priorities and projects.
- Effectively facilitate meetings between multiple parties.
- Coordinate work with other agencies.
- Communicate clearly, both in the written and spoken word, and to write, edit, proofread, research, and report.
- Exercise judgment and leadership skills to make decisions under uncertainty.
- Present information clearly on the website.
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and discretion in dealing with sensitive complex issues.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with the Climate Collaborative Steering Committee, members, professional business organizations, the media, the public, and others encountered in conducting Collaborative business.
- College degree in a sustainability related field, business or public policy required, graduate degree strongly preferred. Interest in sustainability topics and experience in climate action planning preferred.
- At least one year of experience in leading/managing projects involving multiple agencies or parties.
- Familiar with principles and practices of energy efficiency, renewable energy, green buildings, alternative fuels, greenhouse gas emissions inventories, water conservation, and general sustainability.
- Effective business communications and correct language usage experience.
- Experience with marketing and communications strategies and techniques.
- Familiar with internet technologies and associated products, tools, and equipment, especially WordPress.
- A current, valid California Class C driver’s license at time of appointment and maintained at all times. LEED Green Associate Certification or LEED Accredited Professional Certification preferred.
Open until filled. This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefit based position with an assignment end date of December 31, 2014. Apply online at San Diego University. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact Leah Mikulsky at 619-260-2770, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $25.00 – $33.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Read more about the position here.