Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) – Opportunity – LON002G7
For organisations across every country and every industry, climate change and environmental sustainability implications are at the top of their business agenda. Globally, Ernst & Young has a team of over 700 professionals who work in this area, across Assurance, Transactions, Tax and Advisory. We help clients navigate their way through sustainability issues – from understanding business and regulatory threats and opportunities, to exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and adding rigour to public disclosures on progress.
Our UK Climate Change & Sustainability Services team helps clients to develop their strategy, together with approaches to carbon measurement and management, sustainable procurement, program management, sustainability reporting and verification.
Ernst & Young is at the forefront of current trends in sustainability and we engage with client staff at all levels to provide insight into these developments. Our dynamic and talented group is currently seeking experienced candidates for roles based in London.
The opportunity is now. If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential – Ernst & Young Climate Change & Sustainability Services is for you.
- Maintain a strong client focus – work on multiple client engagement teams sharing responsibility, providing support, developing relationships, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Work with leaders in climate change & sustainability across a range of industries, including consumer products, oil & gas and financial services. Perform audit procedures; create work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation; evaluate and test processes and related controls; participate in client meetings and assist in preparation of reports.
- Bring potential opportunities for new engagements to the team’s attention. Seek, develop and present ideas to apply EY’s services.
- Display teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Support colleagues and value others’ contributions.
- Commit to understanding client/business issues and developing knowledge. Stay abreast of current climate change and sustainability developments relevant to clients businesses. Use technology to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
Skills and experience requirements
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, for example engineering or environmental science; further studies and/or relevant professional qualifications an advantage.
- A good understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding sustainability and the impact of sustainability on an ever changing business environment, including knowledge of climate change policies and the carbon market.
- At least one year of relevant work experience, for example applying audit and analytical techniques in relation to non-financial performance information, including environmental emissions or safety data. Prior consulting experience an advantage.
- Strong technical skills and experience in, or familiarity with, the energy, oil & gas, consumer products or industrial sectors.
- Strong commercial skills with a good understanding of business processes; able to articulate and demonstrate the business context of sustainable development.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrable leadership, integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Comfortable working under pressure within a team and individually
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to the project in hand.
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to write clearly
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Drive and commitment to support the team in growing the Climate Change & Sustainability practice
- The successful candidate must also be willing and able to travel
Who we are
Ernst & Young is in the business of delivering seamless, consistent, high-quality professional services worldwide. We have 141,000 individuals across 140 countries, with an array of talents, who deliver these services daily.
United by the belief that every person, organisation and community needs help to achieve their potential, we strive to use our talents to make a real difference to each other, to our clients and to the communities in which we work and live, whilst enjoying the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives.
Whether your career lies in assurance, tax, transaction, advisory or support services, you will be joining an organisation where you count as an individual and everything you need for professional and personal success is already in place