SAIC’s Climate Change Practice seeks to hire a Climate Change Analyst/Project Manager with expertise in U.S. climate policy, greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventories, GHG mitigation measures, GHG emission offset projects, and sustainability to be located in Washington DC or McLean VA.
The Analyst/Project Manager will lead a variety of climate change related projects for state, local and federal agencies and private sector clients. Job responsibilities include managing projects, contributing to proposals, and performing technical work. Projects will involve quantifying GHG inventories, identifying and quantifying GHG reduction measures, forecasting GHG emissions, quantifying GHG emission impacts from proposed policies or activities, and strategically advising clients on a full suite of carbon management options for their operations.
The Analyst/Project Manager is a full time, exempt position within SAIC’s Climate Change Practice, and will report to the Practice Lead in Washington, DC. Some business travel is required.
The Analyst/Project Manager will work on variety of climate change projects. The job responsibilities will include at least the following:
• Manage projects and project teams, including SAIC personnel, sub contractors, and related project budgets and deliverables
• Quantify GHG emission inventories, reduction measures, and offset projects
• Forecast GHG emissions in line with local, regional and state regulatory timeframes
• Monitor and track climate policy developments, with an emphasis on U.S. policy and more specifically local, state and regional policies in Western states
• Provide clients with strategic climate direction based on current or expected national and/or international climate policies and initiatives
• Collaborate and brainstorm with cross functional teams within SAIC, for example waste, water, energy, transportation and air quality experts
• Assist the Practice Lead in preparing client proposals
• Speak/present and represent SAIC at relevant climate conferences, forums and workshops
A successful candidate will possess the following skills, at a minimum:
• Bachelor degree in related subject (Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Environmental Economics, etc.) Advanced degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience working on climate change issues; consulting experience preferred.
• Proven technical expertise in GHG quantification and accounting
• Comprehensive understanding of Federal, State, and local climate change regulations, policies, and actions
• Exceptional project management skills, including budget development, budget management, and personnel management
• Emission modeling and financial analysis skills are a plus
• Superb communication skills (strong writing and public speaking required)
• Leadership experience
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as in a team
• Proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project). Advanced Excel skills are a plus.
• Eligibility to work in the United States.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500 ® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions ®