- Provide analytical and project management support for coal cap policy project, including coordinating with project partners on the research and design of an effective coal consumption cap policy for China to meet environmental, health, climate, and sustainable economic development goals and conducting research related to coal cap policy design.
- Work with project research partners on specific studies and modeling analyzing the energy, economic, environmental, and health impacts and benefits of a coal cap policy. Ensure that each specific research project supports and is integrated into the coal cap policy study and model and policy recommendation.
- Conduct independent research on policies needed to support a coal consumption cap policy and provide analysis of existing subnational coal cap programs.
- Work closely with research partners to monitor progress on project activities and deliverables, including organizing and participating in regular progress meetings.
- Provide input on research activities and identify research challenges. Seek input from experts on project goals, methodology and outputs.
- Help to manage project contracts and deliverables. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on project progress.
- Produce reports, issue papers, fact sheets and blogs on coal cap related policies, studies and developments in China.
- Work with the other members of NRDC’s China and US-based climate and energy team to enhance NRDC’s research and advocacy efforts and expertise on energy and environmental policy. Promote a culture of team work, high performance and accountability.
- Science, engineering, or economics graduate degree is required.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant energy and environmental field is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Chinese, with excellent oral and written skills as well as bilingual translation ability.
- Experience working in the public and/or non-profit sector desired.
- Solid scientific and technical understanding of energy and environmental issues, including energy policy and technology; environmental impacts of coal, including air, soil and water pollution and GHG emissions; and health impacts from air pollution
- Broad knowledge of clean energy and climate change policy in China, and the ability to analyze how policies can be improved, including through adoption and adaptation of international best practices and technologies.
- Ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders, including government representatives and researchers, universities, companies, and NGOs.
Position will be open until filled.
To apply, please create a profile and upload a cover letter, CV and any relevant writing samples. If you have any questions about this position, please send an email with the position title in the subject line to Alvin Lin, China Climate and Energy Policy Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes please.
Learn more about the position here.