Tetra Tech ARD, a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an active USAID-funded climate change adaptation and REDD+ project in India. The project is focusing on sustainable landscapes, enhancing carbon sequestration, low carbon growth strategy, enhancing GHG mitigation programming and climatic resistance. The purpose of this multi-year project is to help improve the sustainability of forests in order to mitigate GHG emissions through carbon sequestration by forests, and to assist individuals and communities to adapt to climate change. The COP position will be full time, based in Delhi, India and require frequent travel.
- Assuming the role of official spokesperson of project activities with USAID, host government counterparts, and other collaborating institutions;
- Assuming overall responsibility for the establishment and efficient operations of administrative, personnel, financial, and management systems;
- Coordinating the preparation of progress reports and other project deliverables;
- Ensuring that contractual obligations are met and that work plans are being successfully implemented;
- Preparing and approving all scopes of work and timetables for the design and implementation of program activities in conjunction with work plans and in accordance with Tetra Tech policy and contractual obligations
- Advanced degree in forestry, climate change, natural resource management, or other related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience working on forest conservation and sustainable management of forests, climate change adaptation, REDD+ methodologies, and/or clean energy projects;
- Minimum 5 years of chief of party or team leader experience;
- Demonstrated experience leading and monitoring teams of diverse professionals responding to complex assignments;
- Proven experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders including USAID, host government officials, multilateral and donor organizations, and local implementing partners.
- Preferred strong knowledge of USAID activities and guidelines;
- Experience in South Asia required;
- Fluency in English required.
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Reference List