Future Proof Your Career
Rarely in one’s career comes an opportunity to be part of a global change phenomenon like the carbon revolution. Climate change and sustainability are now at the forefront of people’s minds, and a new and exciting carbon market is rapidly developing both here in New Zealand and around the world.
The carboNZeroCertTM programme and CEMARS (Certified Emissions Measurement And Reduction Scheme) are internationally recognised greenhouse gas (GHG) certification schemes – commonly referred to as carbon footprinting. Developed by government owned Crown Research Institute, Landcare Research, the GHG certification schemes are based on solid science and participation in international forums such as the World Resources Institute and the International Standards Organisation to develop global protocols for measuring and reporting carbon footprints.
The programme is in a high growth phase, and has achieved international accreditation via the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ), a member of the International Accreditation Forum. Weare now looking for a Certification Manager professional to join our team. Do you want to develop new skills to future proof your career in this rapidly developing market and be part of the success? This is an opportunity for an experienced lead verifier to step up to a new career role.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- A passion for Verification and Quality Management systems;
- Lead auditor qualifications, GHG verification qualifications and/or experience in quality assurance management.
- Ability to critique GHG verification reports prepared by third party verifiers in relation to the programme standards, and discuss and resolve those findings withrelated parties;
- Mastery of verification and QA processes;
- Prepared to travel domestically and internationally to implement verification and QA processes associated with licensing agreements.
- It would be an advantage to be knowledgeable in two or more related technical disciplines (environmental, management systems, ISO14001, ISO14064, sustainability, environmental engineering, industrial engineering, forestry, environmental finance, life cycle assessment).
With a winning team already on deck, the carboNZero programme is continuing to grow nationally and internationally. Become part of this remarkable success story, by registering your interest as soon as possible.
This position is a full time, permanent role based in Lincoln – Christchurch however Auckland could be considered. To view the position description please click here.
Applications close the 7th August 2011, however get your CV in immediately as interviews will commence asap due to the urgency of the role.****