Some of the key responsibilities will include:
– carbon project screening and due diligence
– preparing project descriptions and collateral with the marketing team
– evaluating project methodologies, tracking developments of rules amongst carbon standards
– tracking project deliveries from contract through issuance on registries and settlement
– liaising with sales team to identify carbon requirements
There will be other tasks set by the head of the desk and will be dependent upon the requirements of the desk, the individual skills, experience and knowledge of the candidate.
Required skills and experience:
– Undergraduate degree in engineering or environmental science (masters degree is preferable, but not essential)
– Prior knowledge and industry experience working with carbon standards through origination, screening, PDD writing, audit, (high degree of preference to those who have worked with voluntary market standards such as VCS and Gold Standard).
– Commercially focused, with strong experience of running excel models
– Ability to synthesise technical data and information and communicate to a wider audience
– Strong communication skills, personal awareness and sense of responsibility
– Ability to work under pressure to deadline on multiple tasks, independently and with an exceptional attention to detail
– Positive and collegiate approach to work; hands-on attitude, willing to acquire new knowledge and skills as required – often in own time and upon own initiative
– We will not consider applications from candidates who require a work permit or visa to work in the UK.
– References will be required.
Interested applicants please send a CV and cover letter to: