Carbon Programme Manager, Oxfordshire County Council
- Salary details: £30,851 – £33,661
- Job term:Permanent
- Appointment type:Full-time
- Hours:37 hours per week
- Work Location:Speedwell House, Oxford
- :01865 815089
- Contact telephone:
- Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organisation:Environment & Economy – Sustainable Development
- Division:Economy, Spatial Planning and Climate Change
- Team:Economy, Spatial Planning and Climate Change
- Closing Date:29 July 2011 (Closing time for all vacancies unless otherwise stated is 4:00pm)
- Interview date:11 August 2011
You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the delivery of the Carbon Management Programme and new Energy Strategy and budget, analysing energy and carbon data to inform the council’s short and medium term strategy to ensure it avoids future costs from increased energy prices. You will support, and in some cases lead, partnership working with internal and external partners to deliver targets such as those within the Low Carbon Oxford Charter and Oxfordshire 2030.
You will have experience in programme/project management, collating, analysing and forecasting data and developing business cases for investment, with an in-depth understanding of climate change mitigation and adaptation. Ideally you will have knowledge of the Greenhouse Gases Protocol and CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
We are looking for a self starter with the ability to use your own initiative, strong communication and motivation competencies, and strategic awareness, all of which are essential to this role.