Carbon Clear seeks a Sales Director to lead our carbon offset sales function. The Carbon Offset Sales Director will be responsible for delivering high volume sales of carbon credits and carbon neutral solutions to blue-chip organisations in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will contribute to our clients’ efforts to achieve ambitious greenhouse gas emission reductions via the use of high quality carbon credits.
Knowledge / Skills / Attitudes
The Carbon Offset Sales Director role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
- Familiarity with climate change issues in a corporate context and the role that carbon offsets play in a credible corporate carbon reduction strategy.
- Understanding of the drivers and decision process in corporate carbon offsetting, preferably through several years of successful experience selling carbon offset solutions to large, relatively sophisticated clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure, key players and operation of the voluntary carbon market.
- Awareness of the main voluntary carbon credit standards, and the relative pros and cons of each.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing experience with large corporate clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through actual client engagements
- Knowledge of business concepts and terminology.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and preferably at least one other language relevant to our client base. Priority languages include French and Spanish.
- Ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously.
- Commitment to help businesses deploy a range of tools to reduce net emissions, including carbon offsetting energy efficiency, and behaviour change.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team to deliver solutions to customers.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to travel within the UK and internationally.
- Awareness of limitations in one’s own knowledge and willingness to seek help to address those gaps.
Reporting to the CEO and MD, the Carbon Offset Sales Director will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and commercial, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships will be an important part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients, project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
The Carbon Offset Sales Director will be based in our central London office.
Type of Employment
This position will remain open until filled. No recruiters, please. Please forward relevant CVs by post or email (including your current remuneration package) to firstname.lastname@example.org.