The Carbon Market Specialist will be the lead technical expert for support to the GOKZ and regulated community on the ETS. S/he will be responsible for guiding implementation of the following tasks:
- Improving the capacity of the GOKZ to implement and enforce the ETS and other GHG-reducing policies and measures
- Improving corporate-level GHG and energy data measurement, reporting, and verification
- Improving corporate capacity to assess, develop, and implement GHG-reducing measures within operations
- Strengthening the capacity of the audit and verifier community
- Improving professional education for climate change specialists in Kazakhstan
- At least a Master’s Degree in an environmental- or climate change-related field, such as public policy, economics, law, science, international cooperation, or international development
- At least 7 years of experience in the design and implementation of carbon market mechanisms, particularly emissions trading systems
- Demonstrated teamwork, cross-cultural, and English language communications skills
- Familiarity with Kazakhstan’s ETS
- Experience with the political, social, and cultural context of Kazakhstan or the former Soviet Union
- Russian language skills
Open until filled.
Read more about the position here.