IDEAcarbon is looking for Carbon Market Intern to work in our publications team starting in December 2013. For exceptional individuals the role may commence earlier and/or become permanent.
IDEAcarbon is an independent and professional provider of carbon ratings and strategic advice on carbon finance. Our services are designed to provide financial institutions, governments, traders and project developers with unbiased climate intelligence and analysis of the factors that affect the pricing of carbon market assets.
As a Carbon Markets Intern, you will provide research, analysis, trading strategies and editing for daily and weekly carbon markets investment research products. You have access to and are required to use live market information sources, draw upon IDEAglobal’s expert team as well as develop your own sources of insight. You will be expected to deliver the core content and be responsible for timely publication. You will supported by a small team of analysts with specialist carbon and policy expertise. Full training given.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Experience of writing or taking directional market strategies within the trading or asset management field.
• IT literate with confidence to utilize various software programs e.g. Bloomberg terminal.
• Interpersonal skills to network with carbon traders on daily basis to send and receive real time information.
• Ability to monitor and analyze multiple information streams, whilst ensuring delivery of publications to set deadlines.
• Technical analysis skills useful, but not essential.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Knowledge of climate change policy, global carbon markets and UNFCCC regulations
• Experience of working either in relevant research or trading
• Excellent level of articulation in written and spoken English, essential
• Advanced excel skills
• Excellent team-working skills
• Evidence of high levels of motivation, self drive and pro-activeness to deliver
Interested candidates should submit their application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com Please note that due to high response rates from previous recruitment, the closing date may be moved forward, so early application is highly recommended. Closing date is November 22, 2013.
Read more about the position here.