EKO Asset Management Partners is a specialized investment management and advisory firm focused on discovering and monetizing unrealized and unrecognized environmental assets, with an emphasis on carbon and other ecosystem service markets. The firm has decades of experience advising and investing in mainstream capital markets with a particular focus on land-based carbon assets, water, natural infrastructure, and sustainable development.
EKO invests in projects that create environmental value. EKO also advises landowners, companies, investors and government agencies that can benefit from existing and emerging environmental markets. The company was founded in January of 2008 by a team of professionals experienced in environmental markets and investment management. EKO’s founding shareholders include Wolfensohn & Co and several other family offices and investment firms with an interest in environmental assets.
EKO Asset Management Partners is seeking a full-time analyst to be based in its New York office. The analyst will principally work with the EKO Green Carbon Fund (GCF), a fund focused on investing in carbon offsets for the California compliance carbon market. The analyst will also perform consulting and investment analysis work on carbon and other environmental markets in which EKO is working to develop strategies for private capital deployment. A principal focus of the non-carbon advisory and investment work will be on natural infrastructure. The analyst will work with engineering firms such as CH2M Hill and environmental non-profits like The Nature Conservancy and the Natural Resources Defense Council to develop sustainability-related investment products.
- Sourcing carbon offset investment opportunities from private land-owners, timber investment organizations, and non-profit organizations
- Analyzing carbon offset investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and composing investment memoranda
- Assisting in the management of the GCF investment portfolio
- Conducting market analysis to inform carbon investment and business strategy
- Researching and analyzing information for consulting projects on natural infrastructure
- Investment analysis on natural infrastructure projects such as storm-water management and watershed protection for urban areas
- 2-3 years of work experience in either a finance or carbon-related field
- Knowledge of carbon markets; familiarity with the California carbon market a plus
- Ability to conduct investment analysis using Excel; formal analyst training useful
- Ability to synthesize research and compose professional consulting outputs
- Ability to manage project workflow and manage relationships in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for ecosystem markets and desire to work in a start-up asset management firm
- Knowledge of climate and environmental policy, impact investing, payments for ecosystem services and/or other environmental markets
Open until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com