The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position to work with the Climate Reality Leadership Corps. The Organizer will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. This position can be located in either the Boulder or D.C. office.
General Overview: The Campaigns Director is responsible for planning, mapping, measuring and implementing specific, integrated, highly effective, multi-touch campaigns that support the overall mission of the organization. The goal of the Campaigns Director is to maximize the success of campaigns by working with key internal stakeholders to determine campaign objectives, milestones, performance metrics, deliverables and to keep the team on time and on task by anticipating next steps and diffusing potential challenges. The Campaigns Director will work directly with other functional groups inside and outside the organization and should have not only strong analytic and problem solving skills, but also excellent communication skills to impart critical information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design the strategy and tactics for multiple, integrated campaigns, including campaign content.
- Develop campaign budgets, maximizing ROI.
- Develop campaign calendars, including objectives, milestones and success metrics.
- Ensure visibility with senior leadership at critical input points throughout campaign development.
- Identify and coordinate all relevant internal and external resources necessary to participate or contribute to the planning, creation and delivery of the campaigns.
- Implement and/or oversee the execution of the campaigns.
- Monitor and measure the progress of campaigns.
- Adjust tactics and techniques based upon campaign results.
- Conceive, plan and execute tests to improve campaign results.
- Monitor and report on campaign performance.
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e., recruitment, training, motivation, supervision) when and as needed to implement campaigns.
- Oversee and create communications, social media and materials for the campaigns in collaboration with the Communications and Creative teams to enhance public awareness of the campaigns and the organization’s overall mission.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the organization’s mission and the capability to educate others on the organization’s goals, in general and for the specific campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years or more of relevant experience delivering advocacy or political campaigns
- Detailed knowledge of broad range of campaigning strategies and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational/project management skills working across multiple teams
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Excellent soft skills that allow for pushing for on-time delivery without negatively impacting morale
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Well developed management skills to lead, motivate and develop projects and teams
- Demonstrable strategic thinker and problem solving acumen
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and committed to excellence
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Low ego and high output
- Personal commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and demonstrated knowledge of climate and environmental issues
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and database management)
More information here.