Founded in 2013, 501Carbon is an international not-for-profit climate services firm based in Durham, North Carolina. We focus on generating and utilizing market-based mechanisms to address climate change. This includes but is not limited to: marketing carbon offsets for multiple international project developers, planning and developing international renewable energy and carbon offset projects, working with both public and private organizations to limit their carbon footprints, and creating energy and environmental policy that drives climate change mitigation efforts.
501Carbon now seeks Business Development Associates to help drive voluntary offset trades and development of new projects. We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial drive and cursory knowledge of carbon markets and offsets. Associates will be at the forefront of 501Carbon’s outreach efforts engaging both individual consumers and businesses. Associates will gain opportunities to work within other functions of 501Carbon, including the development of our international projects.
501Carbon needs all employees to be effective spokespersons for addressing climate change by limiting carbon footprints; therefore new Associates will focus on marketing and sales before moving to more complex projects within the company.
We are a lean startup that uses specific metrics to judge performance. Associates should possess the ability to work independently but they must have the interpersonal skills to perform effectively in a team environment to develop 501Carbon’s portfolio of corporate and development clients.
The main responsibility of Business Development Associates will be to increase the footprint of 501Carbon business activities through sales and negotiated partnership agreements. Additional tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Research and develop a roster of potential clients and partners;
- Maintain a schedule of aggressive weekly outreach through email, calls, social media, blog posts;
- Engage and interview customers;
- Complete market research and analysis to develop a map of potential growth opportunities for 501Carbon, especially as it relates to the California Cap-And-Trade Program;
- Assist Directors in developing both short and long term project strategies and be able to take leadership roles within those functions;
- Complete limited administrative tasks;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least two years of relevant work experience, including expertise in carbon markets.
- Experience in, or technical knowledge of CSR, Marketing, or Sales would be considered an asset.
- Master’s degree coursework in business, economics, public policy, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Experience in start-up or consulting environments would be considered an asset.
More information here.