An exciting internship position is available at Planet First, a sustainability consultancy and the provider of The Planet Mark
certification in partnership with the Eden Project. The Planet Mark is a trusted international mark for businesses and
buildings, helping organisations to improve their environmental and social performance.
This internship offers the chance for a motivated self starter to play a fundamental role in the operations of a consultancy that
offers a unique solution for business sustainability. The intern will help to deliver sustainability reporting including the
measurement of carbon footprints and social performance for a wide range of organisations as they aim to achieve The Planet
Mark, a sustainability certification.
Candidates will have a strong mathematical background, close attention to detail, high proficiency in Excel and Word, great communication skills, and a desire to learn more about environmental issues.
• Interest in or knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues
• Strong mathematical and analytical background
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident phone manner
• Fluent English Making progress.
Within this internship, you will learn how to
• Calculate carbon footprints and produce sustainability reports for a range of businesses
• Use sustainability management software (CloudApps) and CRM software (Salesforce)
• Conduct desk research, producing reports and resources
• Manage client relationships
What we offer
• Training and experience in sustainability reporting and certification
• Training and experience in sustainability software and Microsoft Office
• Client management experience, and experience of a business environment
• Potential for full time employment
You must have a valid UK work permit to apply for this role. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a detailed cover letter. Please reference where you have seen the job posting in your application. Interviews will be ongoing until the position has been filled.