UpEnergy seeks professionals interested in clean energy, rural distribution, international health and development to serve as the Business Analyst for our operations in Uganda. The role requires rigorous data manipulation, high organizational ability, and excellent interpersonal /communication skills. The Business Analyst will report directly to the Uganda Country Director.
The primary responsibility of the Business Analyst is collection, analysis and reporting of sales and market related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales productivity and inform corporate strategy.
- Provide management with rigorous sales analysis to inform strategy and future allocation of resources:
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and report data in order to increase sales productivity.
- Review sales records and trends and evaluate performance measured against sales quotas set by management to inform decision making.
- Provide data inputs to management to be used in developing and reviewing the sales budget and rolling sales forecast including sales to budget variance analysis.
- Work with management to provide recurring, customized reporting that will inform management recommendations.
- Work with management to develop reports that track costs by function, process, product and initiative. These reports will be used to measure ROI.
- Cross train team members on data analysis tools.
- Support marketing research to determine end-user demand which will inform product sourcing decisions and price setting:
- Analyze results from in-field willingness to pay and product acceptability tests.
- Support marketing function with data analysis where required.
- Assist management in preparation for annual carbon audits.
- Excellent command of MS Excel and working knowledge of other database tools like STATA and Access preferred.
- Experience with customer needs assessments.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret sales results and customer trends and translate them into operational recommendations.
- Experience delivering time-sensitive reporting to management and coordinating simultaneous data analysis requests of varying sizes and scope.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group.
- Strong Business acumen, start-up experience preferred.
- A multi tasker that is creative, ambitious and able to take initiative.
- Exhibits excellent problem-solving ability and judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, MBA or masters+ level economist/statistician preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience in an analyst role.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform advanced statistical analysis and experience with related software (STATA, ACCESS) a plus.
Please email a short cover letter and resume to Mark Mutaahi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicole Ballin (email@example.com). Use the subject “Uganda Business Analyst” in all e-mail correspondence. No phone calls or posted mail applications, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Read more about the position here.