With 30 projects on over 1.7 million acres of forest producing more than 30 million California Air Resources Board compliance offsets, Finite Carbon is the leading US developer of forest carbon offsets for California’s cap-and-trade program. We offer an end-to-end solution for forest owners wishing to participate in the carbon market including project feasibility, inventory, modeling and documentation, verification oversight, timber-carbon decision support, and offset marketing.
Finite Carbon’s team of seven full-time carbon and forestry experts with deep experience in timber management, forest conservation, and forest carbon accounting seeks an associate level forestry professional to assist in project development as the company continues to grow. For more information, please visit www.finitecarbon.com.
Finite Carbon offers an entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to learn from industry veterans and participate in the success of the business. Finite Carbon has a wide range of clients from tribes, land trusts, and family forests to the largest TIMOs and public REITs in the country. It prides itself on working as an advocate of these landowners and is committed to integrity and fair dealing in all of its business interactions. As such, Finite Carbon expects potential candidates to hold these same values in high regard.
- Support the project development team by learning and executing proprietary workflow processes embedded in GIS, growth and yield modeling, database management, and quantification of forest carbon offsets.
- Assist in the preparation of offset project data reports and verification documentation.
- Conduct feasibility studies to estimate project performance and valuation of forest carbon assets for new and existing clients.
- Assist with forest carbon inventory design.
- Travel occasionally and when necessary to project sites, team training meetings, and /or conferences.
- B.S. in forestry or related natural resources management degree.
- Masters level degree from an SAF accredited forestry school is a plus, but not required.
Experience (2 out of 3 required):
- Minimum of 1-2 years in forestry consulting or forest products industry, or related experience dealing with forest operations and timber management, such as timber sale administration.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of timber cruising and inventory design.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience related to carbon offset standards and protocols and/or carbon markets
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Advanced user of MS Excel and MS Access for inventory data management
- ESRI ArcMap for GIS analysis
- Experience or familiarity with FVS and/or Remsoft is a plus, but not required
- Forester credential including state licensure and/or SAF Certified Forester or Association of Consulting Foresters membership strongly preferred
Compensation and Location:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes a competitive benefits package. Location is flexible, but there is a preference for candidate to work from the Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, or Tallahassee office.
Interested candidates must submit the following information:
- Cover Letter
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
For more information about the posting, see here.