Energy, Environment & Transportation
Climate Change & Sustainability Division
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
To support our growth we seek Associates to work in our Energy, Environment & Transportation Group (EET), specifically within our Climate Change and Sustainability Division. This position will be located in Washington, DC. Associates will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Associates at ICF International have an opportunity to apply their experience and academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. Associates advance in our consulting practice and develop an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact.
- Assisting with data collection and analysis for energy, climate change and sustainability-related projects (i.e., energy management, energy conservation measure evaluation, sustainable building planning, carbon footprint analysis, greenhouse gas emissions estimates)
- Assisting with outreach initiatives and stakeholder engagement
- Researching energy, sustainable building, and climate change legislation and policy
- Reviewing literature, conducting interviews and surveys on energy management
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Interacting with federal and commercial clients
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental or Engineering or related subjects with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree in above fields preferred, with a Environmental, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering focus for at least one of the degrees.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative modeling
- Experience with LEED building practices and/or LEED certification
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/