As part of expanding the capability of The Carbon Rating Agency to meet the current demands from our public and private sector clients, we are seeking an exceptionally skilled Analyst for our Carbon Asset Ratings Division to contribute to client delivery and product development in the ratings of NAMAs, carbon/energy efficiency, trading schemes, sectoral programmes (e.g. cement, forestry etc).
The Carbon Rating Agency (CRA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of IDEAcarbon. It is the world’s only ratings agency focused on carbon and energy efficiency asset ratings. Its mission is to enable the creation of carbon as an asset class. It provides a suite of ratings and analytical products including carbon ratings, energy efficiency ratings, ratings of NAMAs, trading schemes, PoAs, sectors and indices. The principle role of these products is an enabler of climate finance, risk sharing between public and private stakeholders and for the construction of legitimate instruments necessary for this new asset class to ‘crowd-in’ private capital.
- Conducting research and analysis, delivering client reports
- Delivering rating methodology enhancements
- Preparation of client proposals and marketing materials
- Contribution to product development
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities
- Renewable energy finance, SRI/ESG background or other climate related field
- Degree in an engineering/science discipline
- Two to three years of relevant experience
- Experience working within an international team/ multiple geographies
- Creative skill set with regards to product development
- Ability to take own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are specifically looking for candidates with: Analytical work experience in relation to financing of climate related initiatives. Please provide examples in cover letter.
More information here.