ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is a new analysis and advisory organization that examines the effectiveness of energy and climate policies around the globe. Our mission is to help nations achieve low-carbon development by evaluating their efforts to promote the new energy and land use economy. The questions we tackle are among the most important in the world. In seeking to deliver practical answers to these questions, we work with government leaders, the private sector, and academia.
Climate Policy Initiative is looking for highly skilled and motivated researchers to provide research and analytical support for its regional office in Venice. Under the supervision of the Office Director, analysts will help design and manage complex assignments and provide advice to policymakers based on research results, working with other members of the Venice office and in conjunction with other CPI offices worldwide. Researchers will demonstrate solid quantitative skills, a proven interest in climate change, clean technology research or policy analysis, proven expertise in climate finance (public and/or private finance), written and oral communication skills, and an ability to generate actionable rather than academic insights.
This position will focus on projects of both national and international scope. Analysts will work in a challenging environment that requires detail‐oriented, independent work, quick thinking, as well as collaboration and problem solving with team members, cross-disciplinary understanding, and professional interactions. Successful candidates will be expected to pursue robust and careful quantitative analysis, drawing on methodologies from micro and macroeconomics, public policy, regulatory economics, finance, behavioral science, risk management, statistics, law, engineering and other academic and commercial disciplines.
To facilitate international learning and identification of best practice, the work will be pursued in close cooperation with CPI teams in other parts of the world, and in close discussion with stakeholders from the policy, finance and corporate spheres. Previous experience with climate policy, carbon markets, finance and regulation would be valuable, as would knowledge and understanding of national regulatory institutions and/or multilateral financial institutions and development banks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Perform rigorous quantitative evaluation of national and international climate finance mechanisms.
- Perform rigorous quantitative evaluation of national and international climate and energy policies.
- Design and manage complex research assignments.
- Implement and oversee various analytical projects.
- Advise policymakers on the implications of research findings.
- Assist in the writing and editing of CPI products.
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products.
- Produce high-quality materials on short deadlines.
- Provide general program support.
- Master’s degree required; PhD in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, or a related, quantitatively rigorous field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing climate finance, economics of policy choices, and/or energy and climate markets; government or multi-lateral experience valuable.
- Understanding of current climate and energy policies under discussion in relevant countries, with a specific focus on the interaction with finance.
- Experience in macroeconomic modeling of energy and climate markets.
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
- Outstanding English writing and verbal communication skills. Comfort with and ability to communicate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses to expert as well as non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Professionalism, poise, and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people.
TITLE AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for several positions. The last day to apply is FRIDAY, MARCH 25. The position will be located in Venice, Italy. Title and highly competitive compensation will be based on experience.
The positions are directly available for two years with possibilities for extension. Please send your application including cover letter, CV, and one example of recent work to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.