Dogwood Alliance is increasing protection for millions of acres of Southern forests by transforming the way corporations, landowners and communities value them for their climate, wildlife and water benefits. Dogwood Alliance has revolutionized the environmental practices of some of the world’s largest corporations.
The Director of Advancement develops and executes strategies to expand engagement in and support for Dogwood’s mission through targeted communications, outreach, relationship cultivation and fundraising. This position facilitates an organization-wide culture of relationship cultivation and fundraising by leveraging a sophisticated communications strategy designed to advance the organization’s programs to protect Southern forests. In addition to direct cultivation of donors and fundraising, this position coordinates staff and board member fundraising and cultivation efforts, while overseeing the marketing and communications department for the entire organization. This position works with Communications department staff to develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy and to ensure all communication platforms reflect current activity. This is an executive-level position, requiring a high degree of professional leadership, management, strategic thinking, planning, communications, fundraising and relationship-building skills. This position manages the Director of Communications, the Marketing and Membership Coordinator and a contract grant writer. This position will also work closely with the full staff and the board of directors.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and/or successful experience in the following:
- Excellent staff, team and budget management
- Ability to achieve outstanding results in the execution of plans, including managing effective processes to achieve goals within a specified timeframe
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Executive-level experience managing successful major gifts/sales, communications and marketing programs
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to think and plan strategically, identify and solve problems quickly and take initiative
- Ability to discern and focus on priorities, take advantage of unexpected opportunities and work within a fast paced environment
- An impressive track record related to advancing and diversifying an organization or company’s reach, engagement and income
- Passion for the mission of Dogwood Alliance
More information here.