Date Posted: 07/03/2013
Country Name: Germany
State/Province: North Rhine-Westphalia
Organization Name: Ecofys
Contact Name: Warnecke, Carsten
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges. Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an international context, with great opportunities for own initiatives and continuous personal development.
The Strategy Cluster of Ecofys works on analysis and strategic advice in four main areas: technology and innovation; energy and climate policy evaluation and design; energy market developments and climate change. The international cluster has a multidisciplinary staff carrying out projects for multiple clients including local, regional and (inter)national governments, the European Commission, multilateral organisations (UNFCCC, IEA) as well as corporate clients and NGOs.
The Intern position integrated in a research project team, responsiblities include:
- Evaluation of the current status and options for GHG mitigation activities started under the Flexible Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol, the Clean Development Mechanism
- Data gathering, data handling and basic data analysis tasks
- Telephone interviews, surveys
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we are happy to meet you!
- Interest in carbon market mechanisms (Clean Development Mechanism, CDM)
- Good knowledge and command of oral and written English, further languages a plus
- Good MS Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of SPSS or similar programmes
- Interest in climate change and sustainable energy is of advantage
- Experience in developing countries a plus
- Good analytical skills and detail oriented
- Interest in long-term engagement integrated in a project team
Open until filled.
For your application, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. For more information about the position or questions about the tasks to be performed please feel free to contact Carsten Warnecke, C.Warnecke@Ecofys.com
Read more about the position here