Date Posted: 06/21/2013
Country Name: Germany
State/Province: North Rhine-Westphalia
Organization Name: Ecofys
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, China and the US, where over 200 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
The Industrial Processes unit offers strategic consultancy for the (energy-intensive) industry. We link our know-how to political framework, our technical expertise and experience strategy development to authoritative analysis. We consult our clients in the field of development of energy and climate protection strategies including carbon footprints, compliance of EU emission trading, long-term concepts of energy efficiency optimization as well as research studies for possible savings of greenhouse gas.
As a (Senior) Consultant EU Emission Trading you consult companies of the energy-intensive industries, who face strong challenges due to the complex new regulations in the EU emission trading of the third trading period (2013-2020) self dependently. You have proven competencies in the fields of green gas monitoring, reporting and the allocation policies of the EU emission trading and you combine your knowledge with service and solution-oriented commitment. As a Senior Consultant you contribute actively to the acquisition of new projects and develop project proposals independently.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University studies (ideally natural science / engineering) and 3-5 years of professional experience
- Industry knowledge in one or more energy-intensive industries (energy provider, chemical industry, iron and steel, glass, paper, cement/ chalk, etc.)
- Professional experience of implementing EU emission trading in companies
- Structured and service oriented work style, also while being pressed for time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in winning and managing projects
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Fluent business German and English
- Proactively seeking out opportunities
Open until filled.
To apply, send in your CV and cover letter with the subject “(Senior) Consultant EU-Emission Trade”
Read more about the position here