Date Posted: 01/14/2013
Country Name: Italy
Communications Associate/Manager (Venice, Italy) - Climate Policy Initiative
CPI is looking for a skilled and dynamic Communications Associate or Communications Manager to support its Communications Director in implementing the organization’s global communications strategy. The position will be based in Venice, Italy and will have a particular emphasis on CPI’s European and climate finance operations. The Communications Associate or Manager will report to the Communications Director based in San Francisco.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Communications Director in implementing the internal and external European and global communications strategies for CPI.
- Support the writing, editing, and review process for work products from CPI’s European and global offices, including analytical papers, presentations, blog posts, and opinion editorials targeted at multiple global audiences – including policymakers, finance leaders, and heads of state.
- Develop and carry out integrated external communications strategies and plans for individual CPI projects, including meetings with decision-makers and influencers, event and speaking opportunities, media outreach, webinars, blogs, and other channels of communication.
- Support the development of CPI’s thought leadership program by researching and pursuing opportunities for speaking engagements, opinion editorial pieces, blogs, and more to highlight and promote the ideas of CPI staff on the topics of green growth, climate finance, and policy effectiveness; train and prepare research team on presentation skills.
- Assist the Communications Director and the European Director in developing and managing stakeholder relations with policymakers, influencers, media representatives, global CPI staff, contractors, and vendors.
- Monitor and track policy developments and activity in Europe and CPI’s other priority regions to help CPI’s Executive Team focus analysis on key, relevant policy issues.
- Help manage the upkeep and development of CPI’s website, including content development and the pursuit and integration of new social media platforms, such as YouTube and Twitter.
- Support the design and layout of CPI products.
- Work with the European and other regional offices to manage CPI’s brand, on and offline.
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including event planning, publicity, and design.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and values of CPI.
- BS or BA required with coursework in journalism, English, or other writing-intensive subject. Master’s degree a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in a communications role (could include work in communications strategy, journalism, public affairs, social media, political campaigns, public relations, etc.).
- Technical knowledge of climate policy and/or finance.
- At least 2 years experience providing counsel to clients on communications issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; superb editing skills, with the ability to restructure as well as copyedit.
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc.
- Willingness to tackle technical material and proven ability to translate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses into accessible language for expert and non-technical audiences.
- Superb attention to detail, strong organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Flexibility, professionalism, poise, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and an ability to maintain a sense of humor and interact with a diverse array of people.
See the full job announcement here
- Fluent in Italian, German, Portuguese, or Chinese.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites, CMS, or HTML.
- Experience working in service to a broad range of clients and stakeholders.
- Background or understanding of European climate policy, climate finance, or work with multinational institutions.
- Public affairs or government relations experience.
- Experience pitching, networking with, and responding to reporters/bloggers/media.
- Project and event management experience.
- Proficiency in filming and editing video.
- Start-up experience.
Please visit Climate Policy Initiative's website
to apply by February 6, 2013.