Date Posted: 01/14/2013
Country Name: United States of America
Project Analyst (Portland, OR) - The Climate Trust
Join an established environmental non-profit organization and help contribute to solving climate change, one of the most complex and challenging issues of our generation. This position, based in Portland, Oregon, is responsible for providing analytical expertise to support The Climate Trust’s project acquisition efforts primarily in the forestry sector, climate services initiatives, and management of our 20 plus greenhouse gas mitigation project portfolio. The position requires an individual with strong technical and analytical capabilities, interpersonal skills, and project evaluation expertise. We provide a competitive salary, exceptional benefits and a collegial work environment.
- Manage and maintain a detailed project portfolio registry that tracks the financial and credit delivery status of contracted emission reduction projects.
- Evaluate greenhouse gas emission reduction projects including eligibility assessment, quantification, protocol requirements, and project viability with a preference for individuals with demonstrated experience in forestry and agriculture sector projects.
- Assist in the development of deliverables such as carbon project protocols and client reports through analyzing and interpreting data, developing quantification formulas, and contributing draft and final written content into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Work with project owners to gather the necessary information to measure, monitor, and verify a project’s emissions reduction performance.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including technical experts, registry staff, verifiers, and project developers in multiple sectors.
- Assist with other duties as assigned such as proposal writing, organizational strategy input, presentation support, and other general tasks.
See the full job announcement here
- A bachelor’s degree and 2 years of professional experience or a master’s degree. Preference will be given to candidates with carbon markets experience and a natural sciences or business educational background.
- Solid quantitative skills and demonstrated ability to utilize, build, and maintain detailed excel spreadsheets and\or databases.
- Knowledge of carbon project methodology development, project evaluation, monitoring and verification, and emerging climate change policies.
- Experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities
- Strong writing and research skills with an ability to translate technical concepts into written deliverables that are accessible to non-technical audiences.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org