Date Posted: 01/14/2013
Country Name: United States of America
Outreach Manager, Cool Planet Energy Efficiency Program (San Diego, CA) - The Climate Registry
The Outreach Manager for the Cool Planet Energy Efficiency Program is a part-time contract position at the Registry, and will report to the Program Director of the Cool Planet Energy Efficiency Program. The Outreach Manager will be based in San Diego.
The Outreach Manager will focus on the following:
Recruit business customer SDG&E territory to the Cool Planet Energy Efficiency Program through direct sales calls, presentations to associations, mailings, and email correspondence.
Coordinating efforts with utility account executives and both utility and Climate Registry program managers, the Outreach Manager will conduct direct sales calls to eligible business customers in utility territory with the goal of signing them up to Cool Planet and encouraging the installation of energy efficiency projects.
- Contact qualified leads via telephone, email, and follow-up on-site meetings to promote program
- Conduct speaking engagements & presentations at industry association meetings
- Create limited marketing and communications materials
- Track leads and progress of projects on excel spreadsheets
- Write monthly update reports
- Attend weekly staff meetings (in office or by phone)
- Assist with participant application and registration process.
See the full job announcement here
- Three to five years successful experience in sustainability, energy efficiency, or carbon accounting, preferably for a company, utility, or environmental organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, sustainability, energy efficiency, environmental science, or related field
- Interest in/experience/knowledge of energy efficiency, climate change issues, and program development helpful
- Strong self starter; ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational, prioritizing, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to travel extensively in the San Diego area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Interested candidates should e-mail their cover letter, resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Account Executive, Cool Planet Energy Efficiency Program" in the subject line.