Date Posted: 01/14/2013
Country Name: United States of America
Carbon Markets Business Analyst (Houston, Texas) - Chevron
The Carbon Markets Business Analyst in Fuels & Product Strategy is responsible for supporting commercial compliance activity associated with greenhouse gas emissions trading schemes (i.e., cap & trade programs). Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Leads the allowance and offset credit management process. Analyzes and manages carbon markets positions in current active trading jurisdictions (California, EU, New Zealand) using the Carbon Management System- CMS). Allocates compliance instruments among business units and provides guidance to Product Supply and Trading (PSAT) for trading of allowances and offset credits.
- Maintains the CMS as a power user and identifies/manages system enhancements, training needs, and interfaces with software provider.
- Works with the Carbon Markets Manager to provide analytical support in the development of Carbon Management Plans (CMPs) for jurisdictions with current or impending emissions trading schemes (Australia, California, EU, Kazakhstan, New Zealand).
- Assesses the development of carbon markets globally and the impact to Chevron, and develops regular communications for leadership and stakeholders.
- Works closely with PSAT, Policy, Government, & Public Affairs, Chevron Technology Ventures, HES, and the business units to ensure compliance and to support Chevron’s advocacy work related to carbon markets.
- Participates in periodic compliance assurance audits and identifies/executes opportunities for continual improvement.
- Leads specific projects in the advancement of Chevron’s carbon markets strategy and trading activity.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in Oil and Gas industry or carbon-related industry
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizations and disciplines as well as with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high priority tasks/issues simultaneously, and work successfully against deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above average abilities in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
See the full job announcement here
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- Familiarity with carbon markets (cap & trade schemes) and related regulations
- Decision Analysis experience
Please visit Chevron's website
to apply by Jan 23rd