Date Posted: 01/09/2013
Country Name: United States of America
State/Province: District of Columbia
Program Manager (Washington, DC) - VCS
The Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) seeks a bright and ambitious Program Manager to guide the continuing growth of the world’s largest voluntary greenhouse gas program. The right person for this position will oversee the work of validation/verification bodies (VVBs) and VCS registries working under the VCS Program, manage a growing staff of program officers and play an important role in the on-going development of the program.
Principal activities and responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Serve as the lead liaison with the VVB community to ensure adherence to the standard, the rigor of project validation and verification, and the proper assessment of methodologies developed under the VCS Program.
- Oversee the work of the VCS registries, including managing audits of the registries and further developing the functionality of the registry system.
- Develop and lead on key program development initiatives related to program quality to further improve and strengthen the VCS Program.
- Work with the senior management team on VCS policy and outreach initiatives, and be an expert resource within the organization.
- Serve as VCS liaison to accreditation bodies such as ANSI on policy, accreditation applications and VVB oversight.
- Develop relationships with other member bodies on the International Accreditation Forum and assist with the establishment of new VCS accreditation programs in key countries.
- Assume overall management responsibility for all program enquiries, particularly those from project proponents and validation/verification bodies.
- Represent VCS at conferences and other industry events.
See the full job announcement here
- Excellent working knowledge of GHG concepts and programs, particularly with respect to project development, monitoring, validation and verification.
- At least eight years professional work experience, including five years in carbon markets, preferably working for or with VVBs under other GHG programs such as the CDM.
- Experience in team management.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; another language would be considered an asset.
- University education; graduate-degree level, in environmental sciences or related field would be considered an asset.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and a short writing sample outlining how the VCS can improve quality assurance for carbon credits to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Feb 8th.