Date Posted: 02/04/2013
Country Name: United Kingdom
NexGen Broker, Environmental Derivatives (London) - Evolution Markets
This position will be mainly focused to support and develop new business related to the mature European Emission Markets in Europe (EU ETS, Kyoto Markets, and Voluntary). The second focus of this role will be to develop key skills, techniques and understanding the foundation of being the next generation of brokers at Evolution Markets.
- Develop strong relationships with existing and new clients. Assist existing teams with line coverage.
- Analysis and generate original analysis on related markets, while facilitate day-to-day operation within the London office (including trade entry, pricing database management and lead generation).
- Work to develop new businesses for the office and bring those initiatives to commercial realization.
See the full job announcement here
- The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of energy or environmental commodities markets and how they are brokered.
- 2-3 year experience in either a sales or client facing role.
- They will have 4 of the following 5 characteristics:
- Results Oriented
- Team Player
- Creative Thinker
- Able to make quick and independent decisions.
- A strong communicator with excellent analytical skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Math, or Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with complex and changing information
- Fluency in other European languages preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Understanding of MATLAB, R, or SPSS preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and be a self-starter even in the midst of uncertainty.
Applicants should send there resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org