Global Climate Change Adaptation Specialist (San Salvador or Guatemala City) - World Wildlife Fund
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Global Climate Change Adaptation Specialist for an anticipated large USAID funded Sustainable Landscapes and Adaptations Program in Central America. This project will support Central America´s transition to a low emissions, climate resilient development, through investments in reducing net emissions from forests and enhancing resiliency of people, places, and livelihoods to short and long-term climate impacts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Strategic Objective Manager for the Adaptation sub-award
- Provide technical leadership and support for Adaptation-related activities
- Oversee the management of sub-award contracts, activity execution and successful completion of all key objectives and specific deliverables
- Oversee staff and consultants as pertinent
- Develop and manage relationships with key partners to execute Adaptation-related activities effectively.
- Advise and support CCAD and other key SICA institutions in the development and implementation of Adaptation-related activities
- Provide advice to USAID in regional or international discussions of issues relation to Adaptation and related issues
Work Experience and Requirements
See the full job announcement here
- At least 10 years of progressively more responsible international work experience is strongly preferred.
- A Masters level degree in an environmentally related subject area is required
- Knowledge of Central American Climate Change Policies, Environmental Development and Management Issues is highly desirable
- Experience assessing climate change impacts and designing projects that reduce those impacts desirable
- Previous experience working in Central America, preferably in more than one country and at the regional level, desirable
- Language Proficiency: Level IV (Fluency) English and Spanish level IV is required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, writing, communication, presentation and training skills, sound project management experience, and experience working with government institutions, NGOs, private sector, and local communities.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing climate change impacts and designing projects that reduce those impacts
Please submit your application on the WWF website