Date Posted: 07/05/2012
Country Name: Kenya
State/Province: Nairobi Area
Envirofit International (www.envirofit.org) is a multi-national corporation headquartered in Colorado, USA, with a mission to develop and disseminate technologies that reduce pollution and enhance energy efficiency in developing countries. The company designs, develops and distributes well-engineered energy products for low-income markets that have traditionally been overlooked. The development of products and markets is a rigorous process that requires design, validation, manufacturing, quality control, supply chain management, distribution, and inventory management, sales and marketing.
Envirofit is the leading manufacturer of Clean Technology Cookstoves and is also launching a premium Solar Lighting product line. Envirofit is continually developing products to meet sector demands and has a relentless focus on quality, durability and customer service.
Envirofit is rapidly expanding into Africa with established sales in 9 countries and expansion plans for more than a dozen more in the coming year. With this rapid growth comes the need for in country manufacturing of cookstoves as well as increased distributor development / oversight, customer support and product monitoring for carbon credit recovery. Envirofit is seeking a Managing Director of African Operations to help manage and grow this sector of our business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Work with Envirofit International’s executive team to help Manage Envirofit’s Africa Business Operations – strategy, development and implementation
- Develop Africa regional distribution strategies
- Develop distribution & sales partners and manage relationships
- NGO & nontraditional partner development
- Manage / oversee monitoring efforts for carbon programs
- Participate in validation site visits by third party carbon validators
- Develop and manage orders and order forecasts from customers – 12 month rolling forecasts / 90 day firm
- Gather and analyze trends and market information
- Feedback product performance and market data (Voice of Customer) into R&D, product development and marketing efforts
- Help manage Africa P&L
- Work with national, regional and local government officials to ensure programmatic progress and success
- Work with production team to set up and manage manufacturing operations in multiple countries – ensuring weekly and monthly production targets are met that align with sales forecasts. Note: We are currently setting up manufacturing operations in Nairobi and are looking for additional sites in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Work with production team to manage third party quality control inspectors to ensure quality product.
- Strong distribution and sales development skills & proven experience
- NGO relationship background a plus
- Well-developed quantitative and analytical abilities
- Highly organized
- Excellent phone skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team (often electronically)
- Ability to think ahead - anticipate and solve problems before they arise
- Technical background, ability to communicate technical details to non-technical persons such as government officials or marketing firms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (Communication in French an attractive skill)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (engineering or business) , MBA preferred.
10 years of experience – Strong project management needed with a proven track record and expertise in all aspects of business development, manufacturing, supply chain management, customer relationship management, sales, distribution, and business growth in Africa.
Read more here.