Date Posted: 06/07/2012
Country Name: United States of America
Organization Name: Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
The Program Coordinator will be a key team member in the Energy Program, reporting to the Program Financial Analyst and working closely with the Project Directors and Managers. The Program Coordinator will provide budget and financial-reporting support for the program and its projects, as well as administrative support for key staff and initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of Energy Program annual budget: work with program financial analyst, program management, finance staff and development staff to develop annual budget submission.
- Assist with the development and preparation of project budget proposals and financial reports: work with program management, program staff, finance staff and development staff to develop new project budget proposals submitted outside the annual budget.
- Assist with the Energy Program’s monthly forecasting of expenses as they relate to the various project budgets and donor funding.
- Organize data and create clear and accurate presentations, including spreadsheets, graphics and accurate, insightful summary material.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities and projects among staff members.
- Facilitate contracts and grants for consultants, including assistance in writing and signing contracts, working with the Accounting Department to ensure payments of contracts and with consultants to ensure contract obligations are fulfilled.
- Manage the administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants and interns, including logistics, office and telecommunication as needed.
- Assist with training of new administrative staff in the Energy Program.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of meetings, conferences and workshops as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in business administration or public administration.
- Finance and accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and fundraising practices.
- Detail-oriented ability to work with financial data, spot trends and ensure accuracy.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to get work done under pressure.
- Excellent management and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Presence, confidence and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
Read mopre about the position here.