Publisher: Forest Trends
Forest projects around the world are working to confront the practical challenges of reducing emissions and providing local benefits. To facilitate the development of forest projects, we have compiled strategic step-by–step guidance to emerging best practices. Drawing on the experience of the Katoomba Incubator, this series of documents helps project developers understand key technical, social, environmental, and financial issues and points the way to key tools and guidance. Composed of nine volumes, the Building Forest Carbon Projects series is best accessed first through the Step-by-Step Overview and Guide, which outlines the key steps in the project development cycle. This overview is complemented by the eight guidance documents that constitute the meat of the series, with each exploring in detail one critical aspect of forest carbon project development.
Download the publication here.
- REDD Guidance: Technical Project Design
- AR Guidance: Technical Project Design
- Carbon Stock Assessment Guidance: Inventory and Monitoring Procedures
- Community Engagement Guidance: Good Practice for Forest Carbon Projects
- Legal Guidance: Legal and Contractual Aspects of Forest Carbon Projects
- Business Guidance: Forest Carbon Marketing and Finance
- Social Impacts Guidance: Key Assessment Issues for Forest Carbon Projects
- Biodiversity Impacts Guidance: Key Assessment Issues for Forest Carbon Projects