Do you have a passion for the environment and a commitment to promoting green energy products or environmental programs? Does a flexible and collegial work environment where employees are provided opportunities to be creative, enhance and manage projects appeal to you? Are you looking for a company with a solid history of financial success that offers generous employee benefits and work-life balance? If yes, come see what Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc. (WGES) can offer you as our Senior Specialist, Green Products!
In this integral role, you will develop and execute marketing plans for the expansion and ongoing activities related to WGES Green Products as well as analyze, summarize and report on the performance of WGES WindPower and Carbon Offsets Programs. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a detail-oriented, analytical and creative individual with both qualitative and quantitative skills who thrives in a results-oriented environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and execute the annual marketing plans for WGES WindPower and WGES Carbon Offsets Plus products.
- Develop communication plans for promotions, emission mailings and similar activities.
- Review all Green Products communications for accuracy.
- Maintain and provide substantiation documentation as necessary for any claims made regarding WGES Green Products.
- Compile and analyze reports regarding the performance of marketing initiatives relative to goals. Provide recommendations based on that analysis for setting future goals and developing and executing the related plans.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions to determine and document opportunities for improvements/changes for future initiatives.
- Lead internal efforts for compliance with the Sustainability scorecard, including the coordination and execution of green volunteer events.
- Develop information, educational materials and activities for internal programs that target WGES employees who wish to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Monitor and report on new and emerging green products.
- Support Green Product expansion activities including: research and determine potential additional customer classes, suggest enhanced menu of offerings and growth in new territories.
- Identify potential awards or other forms of recognition of WGES as a leader in Green Products; make recommendations for appropriate awards; prepare and submit applications.
- Coordinate efforts to leverage awards received through internal and external announcements, promotions and ongoing communications.
- Identify inconsistencies between the current and ideal experience for Green Product customers. Make recommendations for new processes or services to address the discrepancies. Manage the department’s efforts to support the execution of changes.
- Manage efforts to support the execution of changes in the development and execution of messaging and navigation of Green Products pages on WGES.com.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Field Sales Staff to provide subject matter expertise in the development and updating of Green Product training materials for vendor employees that represent WGES.
- Research and recommend additional certifications that would benefit WGES. Manage compliance and oversee renewal of certifications such as Green-e Energy.
- Track, prepare and compile product supplies and sales information to be used in response to audits by regulators, customers and others.
- Manage relationships with CleanSteps Carbon Offsets (CSO) partners.
- Review progress against goals on projects and facilitate expansion of projects and/or implementation of new projects.
- Research Green Product Standards / Certification (e.g. Green-e, LEED, carbon registries).
- Establish WGES participation and ensure implementation and reporting is conducted. Ensure standards are followed and met.
- Research, track and analyze current and proposed regulations, guidelines and policies that could impact the competitive environment of the sales of existing or future green products.
- Review compliance reports related to the sales of renewable energy or other green products. Maintain a matrix / calendar of all reports required for voluntary and required compliance, in collaboration with Regulatory Affairs.
- Identify, negotiate and/or execute new marketing/sales partnership opportunities to enhance the sales of green products. These partnerships include green affinities, Green Partners (with referrals systems or not), such as community –based groups whom enhance product visibility and credibility.
- Provide technical pre and post sales support for commercial sales including alternative pricing options and other value added incentives.
- Bachelor’s degree. Environmental science, environmental policy, engineering or related degree preferred. A Masters Degree will be accepted in lieu of 2 years of experience. LEED certification is a plus.
- 5 years of experience supporting environmental program(s) or products. Knowledge and experience in the field of renewable energy, energy conservation, carbon credit or related energy field is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong process-orientation with outstanding organizational skills and the utmost attention to detail.
- Solid data management, analytical, and problem solving skills using multiple sources of data/input.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access experience is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and perform in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of web-based tools (mass email creation, blog, web page support) a plus.
- Experience working in sales or marketing environments preferred.
See the full job annoucement here.