Senior Program Officer (Bangkok) – The Center for People and Forests
The Senior Program Officer works as a key member of the Capacity Building and Technical Services (CBTS) Unit, and will contribute to the development and implementation of activities of RECOFTC’s People, Forest and Climate Change (PFCC) thematic area, particularly relating to community involvement in both climate change mitigation and adaptation.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction for the PFCC thematic area and ensuring successful delivery and implementation of ongoing and new projects in coordination with the CBTS Manager.
- Coordinating analysis and capacity building in relation to climate mitigation and adaptation
- Maintaining and expanding strategic networks with other organizations dealing with climate change in Asia and the Pacific regions
- Supervising project staff and interns and providing appropriate mentorships
- Leading proposal development for PFCC related activities.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc. in forestry, ecology, natural resource management or related fields and with experience in climate change mitigation and adaptation. PhD in those fields is an asset.
- Knowledge of REDD+, PES schemes, adaptation measures and political economy of deforestation and quantitative and qualitative methods.
- At least 5 years work experience post MSc. (or 1‐2 year of experience post PhD) in natural resource management or related field including local‐level experience with community‐based natural resource management (particularly community forestry).
- Experience in multi‐stakeholder processes, policy dialogues and strategic analyses
- Good understanding on capacity building/development and excellent facilitation skills
- Proven effective net‐worker; flexible, open‐minded and resourceful.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, individually and in groups, with ability to work as an active member of multi‐cultural and multi‐disciplinary teams.
- Proven analytical skills and an innovative thinker who actively contributes ideas to team processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluent in English.