The Senior Program Officer for Monitoring and Evaluation will lead in facilitating the processes of designing and implementing organizational performance assessments, and overall program monitoring and evaluation, including projects and CF generally. S/he will ensure that social inclusion and gender issues are mainstreamed into the M&E system through disaggregated datasets and specific indicators at different levels. S/he will reassure quality and participatory M&E capacity building for country programs, thematic programs and projects. S/he will adhere to/support the requirements of M&E systems of donor agencies and support M&E systems of partners.; and conducts other related M&E activities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
ed degree in natural resource management, anthropology, international development or related field. Masters degree or higher desirable.
- Solid experience in developing and implementing participatory approach in monitoring and evaluation
- Formal M&E training including familiarization with Results Based Management, Outcome Mapping Performance Measurement Frameworks and Logical Framework Analysis and other models of interest used by international donors and development organizations.
- At least ten years international professional experience working in organizational, program and project monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability and skills to set up and implement an effective M&E system for an organization.
- Excellent English-language communication skills in both written and spoken forms.
- Working knowledge of management information systems, databases and Information Technology, and Communication in general; GIS experience is highly desirable.
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning, and is committed to staff development.
Experience in training others in M&E principles and skills.
- Experience in at least one of RECOFTC’s focal countries is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential, regional local language knowledge is desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
More information here.