Senior Communications & Marketing Officer
Nexus exists to help organisations achieve climate change and development outcomes. We are based in Southeast Asia and collaborate with project developers and social entrepreneurs to maximize environmental and community benefits. We also work with partners around the world, creating innovative financial tools and connecting businesses with projects that are making a difference.
In 2009, Nexus was formed by an alliance of development organizations to address barriers to carbon finance. Our expertise has since grown to offer a range of technical and financial services, extending beyond carbon to support the growth and impact of our members and partners. Nexus is committed to improving lives through services that create shared value and lasting change.
In its communications, Nexus engages with a number of actors on all continents:
- Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
- Private sectors companies and corporates, Investors and Donors
- Researchers, Policy makers and International standards and associations
Nexus has offices in Singapore and Cambodia.
For 2016 Nexus has a challenging communications and marketing strategy in which many new tools and channels will be delivered. Besides daily communication tasks, you will receive a lot of responsibility to independently coordinate new projects and propose new innovative communication and marketing ideas.
The Senior Communications and Marketing Officer delivers the following tasks:
- Writing, editing and proofreading, as well as designing internal and external communications materials.
- Acting as the main contact for briefing and coordination of creative agencies and printing houses to develop communication materials in line with Nexus’ brand.
- Creating, writing and uploading content for Nexus’ new website.
- Writing a content plan for social media/ website and carry out regular updates, using own ideas as well as information gathered from other team members
- Identifying and developing new communication materials, such as a regular newsletter, posting on forums and other online media.
- Support the Partnership team with desk research on climate change, carbon markets and corporate sustainability: including trends, players, award schemes, etc.
- Coordinating the selection of monitoring data to report on projects’ co-benefits and carbon footprint work within the Corporate Partnerships and Communications team (namely for marketing and communications’ purposes).
- Supporting the organisation of local and/or international events.
- Managing and updating Nexus’ photo and communications database.
|Position Profile||Communication, marketing, journalism, writing, designing, researching and communicating technical data to non-technical audiences, sustainability, environment, climate-change, low-carbon development.|
|Unit||Corporate Partnerships and Communications|
|Direct supervisor||Communications and Marketing Manager|
|Resource persons||Communications and Marketing Manager; Partnerships and Communications Director, Partnerships Managers; Program Officer, external Project Developers.|
|Duty station||This position is based in the Nexus office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.|
|Term||Full-time, starting with a one-year rolling contract with three-month probation period.|
|Visa||Non-Khmer candidates will be provided with a valid working visa for Cambodia.|
Graduate in Communications, Journalism or related field.
A strong journalistic background and preferably familiarity with researching and communicating scientific environmental or climate-change data, as well as experience with writing engaging stories, will be a definite plus.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a communications and/or marketing officer, copywriter, journalist, or related role
- Experience in working with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, CMS, CRM, Hootsuite and e-mail marketing tools
- Previous experience in independently managing external service providers, like creative agencies and printing houses
- Knowledge of climate change, carbon finance, environmental sustainability and reporting metrics a plus. Previous related work experience also advantageous
- Ability to translate technical information for communication to a non-technical audience
- Robust verbal and excellent writing skills in English are a must
- Ability to write catchy, persuasive copy – creating copy ideas and gathering information from other team members
- At ease working in a small structure, start-up type, where versatility is required
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment
- High level of autonomy in carrying out own work, yet with a keen team-spirit
- Adaptive, flexible and eager to learn
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Interest in climate change, low-carbon development and sustainability
- Interest in writing, design, marketing, social media and web communications
How to apply
Send your application (CV, cover letter and an example of previous writing and/or design work) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Communications & Carbon Officer” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered as received and in order of reception. Deadline for applications is end of April 2016, or until a suitable candidate is found. You will be informed of the status of your application mid-May 2016.
Applications received without a cover letter or previous work examples will not be considered.
Nexus opens doors for development. We work with a diverse range of organizations that are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. Nexus connects award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses and investors, inspiring change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
Nexus supports its staff on continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, carbon footprinting, corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy.
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/.