The Program Manager supports the Program Director of the Communities Initiative (CI) to ensure the smooth and timely implementation of program projects in accordance with Forest Trends’ (FT) policies and procedures and donor requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities for CI:
- Oversees daily implementation of projects and grants: oversight and coordination of work plans and deliverables by project staff and sub-awardees, and timely delivery of financial and narrative reports.
- Supports Director and FT leadership with development of new initiatives to promote the strategic objectives of the program and with fundraising and donor relations for the program.
- Supports, with the Director, hiring and supervision of support staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and all donor requirements including compliance with USAID cooperative agreement requirements, other European bilateral funders’ requirements, and related environmental, social, and fiduciary reporting compliance.
- In collaboration with Director and finance team, develops program and proposal budgets and oversees tracking of all budget expenditures and balances.
- Oversees all aspects of sub-recipient budget and performance monitoring including timely submission and accuracy of financial and program reports, and related monitoring needs.Ensures timely production and quality of communication products including newsletters, publications, and website content in coordination with Director and communications staff.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships, internally and externally.
- Provides and oversees logistical and administrative support to the program, including for meetings, staff travel, and workshops.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with USAID and USG regulations, and procedures and compliance and monitoring requirements required.
- Experience with bilateral and/or multilateral funders’ compliance and monitoring requirements preferred.
- Experience managing complex contracts and grants required, preferably for the US government or an international NGO.
- Strong financial management, budgeting, and work planning skills required.
- Undergraduate degree in related field required; advance degree preferred.
- Experience working with, or strong interest in, indigenous and/or other traditional communities in Latin America preferred.
- Fundraising and donor relations experience plus proposal writing preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills preferred, including writing and editing articles or brief publications.
- Highly organized and efficient, with a proven ability to ensure timely, high quality results.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of people and organizations-, in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Committed to the mission of Forest Trends.
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking English required; additional fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.