Chemonics seeks senior experts in private sector engagement, public-private partnerships, and conservation finance for multiple anticipated USAID projects in Southeast Asia. These anticipated projects will focus on improving natural resource management, improving access to water and sanitation services, and adapting to and mitigating the effects of climate change.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop engagement strategies and innovative partnerships with private sector firms, financial institutions, and multilateral development banks, particularly in conservation-related sectors
- Mobilize private sector financing for service expansion and improvement
- Develop and implement payment-for-ecosystems-services schemes
- Develop and manage Global Development Alliances
- Develop proposals and design projects for climate-change financing through multilateral funds (such as the Green Climate Fund and Global Environment Facility)
- Develop and manage public-private partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, environmental management, sustainability, natural resource management, public policy, or law required; advance degree highly preferred
- Minimum five years of experience with partnership development, strategic planning, and private sector engagement required or minimum of five years of experience designing and managing conservation finance initiatives to support long-term, self-sustaining conservation programs required
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Experience working in developing countries required, preferably in Southeast Asia
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Fluent English required
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to SEAsiaprivatesector@chemonics.com by March 31, 2017. Please specify your area of expertise and duration of assignment preference in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.