Policy Officer, Ecosystem Services (Bonn, Germany) – Forest Stewardship Council
The Policy Officer (Ecosystem Services) supports the work of the Ecosystem Services Program in relation to administration, communication, research, and norm development.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting market and policy research through analyzing relevant market and policy developments and their impact on the Ecosystem Services Program’s projects, related policies, standards, and strategies.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to Technical Working Groups, pilot tests, and events.
- Administration and handling of information requests by certification bodies and third parties.
- Maintenance of good relations with members, stakeholders, certification bodies, research institutions, intergovernmental organizations and other relevant organizations (e.g. ISEAL)
- Support in fundraising and reporting to donors.
- Representing FSC externally in technical and other fora (e.g. on climate change, ecosystem services).
- Education and Training: University or technical college degree in a relevant field (biology, natural resource management, forest management(?), or equivalent)
- Working experience:
- At least two years of work experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder initiatives, standard development processes, the forestry sector, PES schemes, conservation management, corporate environmental responsibility programs.
- Basic project management experience.
- Languages: Fluency in English (spoken and written). Spanish is a plus.
- Computer skills: Good computer skills, including the use of standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and database management platforms. Experience with Content Management Systems and websites is a plus.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC program by stakeholders around the world.
- Familiarity at the general level with the scope of FSC’s programs of standard setting, accreditation, trademark management and political engagement.
- Ability to represent FSC through his/her work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
Please send your motivation letter, including salary expectation (net), and Curriculum Vitae as attachments, in English, to Matthias Fecht at email@example.com by 11 January 2013. Please cite Policy Officer (Ecosystem Services) 2013 in the subject line of your email.