About ICF International
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF’s Web site is www.icfi.com.
ICF’s Energy, Environment & Transportation group offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We have advised both private and public sector clients in all facets of climate change and energy for more than 30 years. ICF International provides a portfolio of strategy, analysis, advisory services, and implementation tools to clients. Long recognized for innovative solutions, ICF International’s combination of strategic, policy, risk management, market, and industry expertise enables us to advise clients from the inception of their business plan through the delivery of services to their customers.
The ICF London office provides economic, technical and management consulting services in energy and carbon market analysis, climate policy, carbon capture and storage, energy efficiency, carbon management, aviation strategy and climate change impacts and adaptation. Our thorough understanding of our clients’ needs enables us to help European Commission, governments and private sector companies throughout the European and Central Asian markets to improve their sustainability. We work frequently with colleagues from other ICF offices, particularly those in the USA, Russia, India, China and Brazil.
The Manager, Climate and Energy will win, manage and deliver climate policy, carbon market, renewable energy and adaptation contracts for European Commission, governments and private sector clients, working within a team of analysts, modelers, economists and technical specialists across our international network of offices. Ideal candidates will have a strong track record in developing policy at an EU level, deep economic / technical expertise, flexibility to work across a range of subject areas and an entrepreneurial approach.
• Win, manage and deliver climate policy, carbon market, renewable energy and adaptation contracts for European Commission, governments and private sector clients.
• Lead the growth of the European climate business in at least one of our strategic focus areas, working with experienced technical, strategic and policy staff in the US and UK.
• Build and maintain relationships with a range of European Commission, government and private sector clients.
• Provide technical contributions for a range of economics and policy/strategy projects.
• Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and budget constraints.
• Market the company at client meetings, events and networking groups through presentation of papers on pertinent topics.
• Develop expertise and intellectual property within the company on European climate policy and carbon market issues.
• Contribute to the development of global market strategies in climate policy and carbon markets.
• Degree in economics, engineering or science.
• Relevant masters degree preferred.
• At least 6 years relevant professional experience in a consulting background.
• Experience winning and successfully delivering climate policy and carbon market contracts for European Commission, governments and private sector clients.
• Expertise in market-based instruments, Cost-Benefit Analysis and competitiveness impact assessment.
• Deep knowledge of a broad range of EU climate change and energy legislation, especially EU ETS and policies affecting non-EU ETS sectors.
• Sales and marketing experience.
• Project management experience, preferably including international projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
• Analytical skills specifically in climate policy and economics.
• Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
• Willing to travel within Europe and internationally.
• Ability to work independently and achieve challenging targets.
• Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
• Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/