This position leads Nexus’ Marketing and Communication strategy and activities, sitting in a revenue-generation unit, and supporting the funding activity of low-carbon development projects. The Marketing & Communications Manager will be key maximizing the potential of marketing, communications, partnerships and other related activities at Nexus.
This role is best suited to an individual who is passionate about climate-friendly development, understands the current trends in Corporate Responsibility, carbon offsetting/neutrality and climate change. A well-rounded experience of marketing and communication responsibilities in a small organisation, as well as experience supporting a sales function is preferred.
The post-holder will work with high levels of autonomy and to have a strategic involvement in the unit’s successful delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
Nexus’ communications and team management
- Manage the Marketing and Communications Officer;
- Write, edit, proofread and design internal and external communication materials;
- Develop new communication materials, namely internal and team-oriented;
- Create, write and upload content for Nexus’ website, newsletters and SoMe;
- Manage and update Nexus’ photo and communications
Nexus’ brand, CRM and marketing
- Lead the CRM work from a Marketing perspective (mainly via salesforce), and measure and report on delivery, client profile and reach;
- Elaborate and implement Nexus’ Communications and Marketing strategy, including market research, targeted communications and segmented materials;
- Coordinate new projects and propose innovative marketing ideas;
- Support the team with desk research on climate change, carbon markets and corporate sustainability: including trends, players and award schemes;
- Input on data selection to report on projects’ impacts within the Corporate Partnerships and Communications team;
- Brief service providers developing materials in line with Nexus’
Nexus’ PR and media partnerships
- Design content plans for social media/ website and regular updates, using own ideas as well as information gathered from other team members;
- Lead on or support the organisation of local and/or international events;
- Lead on seeking speaking and exposure opportunities for Nexus’ staff, namely at events and through PR and partnerships with high-profile
In its communications, Nexus engages with actors in all continents:
- Private sectors companies and corporate buyers, investors and donors
- Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
- Researchers, Policy makers and International standards and Associations
Key requirements are:
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in marketing or related role;
- Graduate in Marketing, Journalism or related field;
- Previous team management experience preferred;
- Business acumen applied to marketing, with a deep understanding of sales, client and stakeholder segmentation, and the relevant marketing support tools;
- Knowledge and experience on environmental issues, sustainability, corporate responsibility and climate change;
- Ability to write persuasive and engaging copy, and to translate technical information for communication to a non-technical audience
- Experience in working with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, CMS, Hootsuite and e-mail marketing tools;
- Experience in managing external service providers, like creative agencies and printing houses;
- Excellent English verbal and excellent writing skills;
- At ease working in a small structure, start-up type, where versatility is required;
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment;
- High level of autonomy in carrying out own work, yet with a keen team-spirit;
- Pro-active and solutions oriented, able to work under time
How to apply
Send your application (CV, cover letter and an example of previous marketing, writing and/or design work) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered as received and in order of reception. Deadline for applications is 23-January 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. Applications will be considered in order or reception, so please apply early.
Applications received without a cover letter or previous work examples will not be considered.