This position will work with the International team and other teams as needed on policy analysis and engagement, with a primary focus on carbon markets. This position will report to the Executive Vice President.
- Closely monitor the state and development of carbon markets and related policies globally
- Research and analyze international climate policy issues, with a primary focus on issues related to carbon markets
- Contribute as needed to research and analysis of domestic policy issues related to carbon markets
- Produce written materials (reports, briefs, talking points, etc.) for internal purposes and for publication
- Manage C2ES convenings, including an international carbon markets dialogue
- Establish and maintain relations with representatives of governments, institutions, and stakeholders engaged in climate policy
- Manage consultants producing analyses and publications for C2ES
- Present on behalf of C2ES at conferences, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for workshops, briefings, and other events
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Advanced degree in environmental policy, international relations, energy/resources or related field; some economics background preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative, writing, and editing skills
- Strong understanding of carbon markets at all levels (international, national, subnational)
- Strong familiarity with UNFCCC process and current negotiating issues
- Familiarity with climate finance, ICAO and REDD+ a strong plus
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (technology, politics, economics)
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to pitch in at all levels
- Willingness to travel
- English fluency; other languages a strong plus
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
For more information about the C2ES visit www.c2es.org.
To apply – send cover letter, resume, and writing sample as attachments to: HR@c2es.org