China Beijing Environment Exchange (CBEEX), established with the approval of the Beijing municipal government, is a professional market platform for trading various environment equities. CBEEX is an operational organization for open and centralized transaction of environment equity, established by China Beijing Equity Exchange (CBEX), CNOOC New Energy Investment Co. Ltd, China Guodian Corp. and China Everbright Investment Management Corp. CBEEX is a public platform using economic measures to address environmental issues. Through its advanced transaction system and extensive network of membership and partnership, CBEEX tends to realize optimization of resource allocation, minimization of pollution abatement cost and transaction cost, cost-effectiveness of environmental governance.
The International Department of CBEEX aims to realize following targets through international cooperation: to establish global trading network and promotional channels covering the Americas, Europe, East Asia and Australia; to create a “nationwide and worldwide” carbon trading information service network; to build an international, standardizing and market-based carbon trading platform.
International Department engages in carrying out international cooperation on climate change and carbon trading mechanisms. Having established a wide range of contacts with the European Commission, European financial institutions, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and other international institutions, International Department has also established corporations with many professional organizations and think tanks. In the meantime, International Department is responsible for the China Carbon Market System Research project as well as the organizations of international exchange visits and other activities.
- Research of existing international and domestic carbon market; management and implementation of existing low carbon cooperation projects;
- Tracking and management of cooperation projects with both international and domestic carbon trading institutions, financial institutions, environmental organizations, which includes project cooperation negotiations, coordination and execution;
- Assist in the management of large conferences and forums, including event planning, cooperation discussion, overseas study organization and project implementation;
- Assist in the liaison work for international study tour;
- Assist in English report writing and translation work;
- Daily execution of assigned work.
- Master’s degree required, preferred for majoring in policy, environment, economics, finance, management and other related;
- Interest in environmental policy, international development and/or natural resource management;
- Fluency in both Chinese and English; Strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent communication skills with good logical thinking, including the ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Detail, motivated and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude;
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
This will be an paid internship, with flexible start and end dates and possible extension to a permant position based on satisfactory performance.