A Colorado-based company founded in 2005, Ruby Canyon Engineering, Inc. (RCE) is dedicated to the accurate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions accounting of corporate inventories, facility-based reporting, and carbon offset projects. RCE is well versed in domestic and international climate policy, GHG cap-andtrade programs, U.S. EPA regulations, and all aspects of today’s voluntary and compliance carbon offset programs. An ANSI-accredited GHG verification body and subcontractor with U.S. EPA Climate Change Division, RCE has provided technical GHG services to both the private and public sectors. R
CE’s expertise and experience working in today’s dynamic carbon markets has expanded to include sustainability reporting, life-cycle analysis, carbon footprint of products, as well as forestry and land use change. Having performed assurance services for hundreds of clients, RCE is considered one of the most highly regarded GHG verification companies in North America. In 2016, RCE received its EMA accreditation and is expanding its services to Mexico’s GHG markets.
Ruby Canyon Engineering is seeking a GHG Professional to join our growing GHG verification and consulting business. This position will perform high level GHG verifications/consulting for our clients and will involve all aspects of GHG accounting (carbon offset projects, mandatory GHG reporting, corporate GHG inventories, sustainability reporting). Candidate must be a team player, have strong written and verbal communications skills, commitment to excellence, and maintain ability to work independently.
Ideally located at RCE’s main office in Grand Junction, CO for at least two years, but RCE is open to discussing telecommuting options for experienced GHG professionals.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience with GHG emissions and performing GHG verifications and/or developing GHG inventories/projects in one or more of the following programs:
- Carbon Offsets: California ARB, British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, American Carbon Registry, Climate Action Reserve, Verified Carbon Standard
- GHG Inventories: California reporting, British Columbia reporting, Ontario reporting, The Climate Registry, Airport Carbon Accreditation
- Climate Disclosure Project, GRI G4 Reporting
- Ability to perform complex calculations, data analysis, and draft technical reports
- Excellent organizational skills related to time, client, and project management, with ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Advanced skills in standard software packages including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- B.S. in relevant Engineering or Science subject.
- Experience working in non-GHG environmental programs
- Experience working with the U.S. EPA Climate Change Division
- Experience working with energy-intensive industries
- Experience in climate change policy
- Spanish or French language proficiency
If interested, please submit a resume to Michael Coté at email@example.com