Environmental Project Manager: Greenhouse Gas Management
First Environment, a nationally recognized, multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm, is seeking an experienced Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management Professional to contribute to the continued growth and development of its GHG management consulting and verification practice.
Top-notch environmental consulting professionals who meet the following specifications are encouraged to apply:
- Preference for lead verifiers with existing approval/certifications in the following programs:
- Climate Action Reserve (any project type)
- California Air Resources Board Mandatory GHG Reporting (including sector specialties)
- Verified Carbon Standard
- The Climate Registry
- 5 – 8 years’ increasingly responsible project management experience in the following:
- GHG emissions inventory development,
- GHG management and reduction strategies,
- GHG emission reduction project development and implementation,
- Verifications for the Climate Action Reserve, Verified Carbon Standard, The Climate Registry and/or other verification/validations,
- GHG methodology or protocol development,
- Energy management and/or energy auditing.
- Knowledge of
- Regional, state, federal GHG policy initiatives;
- Carbon and/or electricity markets;
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Math, Environmental Science, Policy, Economics, Law, Business or the Physical Sciences
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including client relations
- Strong leadership skills, technical aptitude and proven project management capabilities.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Team player with a high degree of self motivation
- Attention to detail, and commitment to quality
Headquartered in Boonton, New Jersey and registered to the ISO 14001 standard, First Environment is a strategic environmental consulting and engineering firm embracing sustainability with core practices and expertise in site investigation and remediation; transactional due diligence; environmental forensics and litigation support; management systems; and greenhouse gas verification and management.
For more information about this position, click here