Bloomberg New Energy Finance, a division of Bloomberg, is the world’s definitive source for analysis, data, and news on the transformation of the energy markets (www.bnef.com). Our dedicated global network of analysts is continuously monitoring technology market changes, deal flow and financial activity, allowing instantaneous transparency into the clean energy and carbon markets.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our analysis team focusing on environmental markets in North America. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis of markets such as the carbon cap-and-trade programs in California and Quebec, the evolving carbon markets elsewhere on the continent, and the renewable energy credit (REC) markets in the US. The successful candidate will be based in New York and will report to research managers and senior analysts who oversee our coverage of these markets.
Examples of work areas include (but are not limited to):
- Data gathering and Excel analysis to produce price forecasts for carbon allowances and RECs
- Quantitative analysis of other subjects related to carbon and energy economics
- Policy and regulatory research and analysis
- Production of written reports on topics listed above
The working environment is challenging, fast paced, and intellectually stimulating.
- Undergraduate degree in natural sciences, engineering, economics, or environmental markets
- Graduate degree with emphasis on the energy industry or carbon markets AND/OR 2-4 years of work experience in the energy industry or carbon markets
- Experience in carbon markets, or a solid understanding of how they work, would be highly beneficial
- Exceptional quantitative skills, with the ability to provide clarity and transparency, extracting and analyzing key patterns from large quantities of data
- Highly proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications; experience with C++ and VBA would be highly beneficial but is not a prerequisite
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills; proven ability to produce high quality research and interact with clients
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information
- Ability to derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Ability to effectively work in a team with colleagues and clients globally, both face-to-face and remotely, with high degree of professionalism
- The successful candidate will be a proactive self starter, be able to multi task and posses strong organizational skills; the candidate would ultimately take on the responsibility of managing or developing large and sophisticated data sets.
Open until filled.
Read more about the position here.