Rainforest Trust seeks two Conservation Program Assistants to collaborate with the organization’s conservation officers in the development and management of land protection projects with our in-country partners. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1988. Partnering with the most respected conservation organizations in the world’s tropical regions, Rainforest Trust supports the protection of critical habitat for endangered species through local partnership. To date, we have saved over 16 million acres of tropical habitat. We are an efficient organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. The successful candidates will work under the supervision of the Director of Biodiversity Conservation and the Director of Conservation Programs.
- Assist the conservation officers with identifying and reviewing new partners and projects.
- Provide online assistance to partners during the application process.
- Assist the conservation officers with producing contracts including payment schedules.
- Maintain project database to track and monitor all projects.
- Update database with information from previous conservation projects.
- Assist the conservation officers in vetting potential new partner organizations.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure they are provided the content they need to effectively publicize conservation projects.
- Assist the conservation officers and the development team with their fundraising efforts.
- Assist with event planning and organizing, including travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with conservationists, scientists, and Rainforest Trust partner organizations.
- A personal passion for biodiversity conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s conservation mission.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word, required.
- Efficient, enthusiastic, and self-starting, with excellent organizational and social skills.
- A team player who is ready to collaborate with a small team on a daily basis.
- A degree in biological or environmental sciences, or combination of education and experience ideal.
- Experience in conservation practice, conservation science, or related field ideal.
- Experience with Google Apps, desired.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese a plus.
- Experience with database management with an understanding of Filemaker a plus.
- Experience managing and administering grants, either as a recipient or grantor a plus.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, and Google Earth Engine) a plus.
- Experience in fundraising for conservation projects and associated network a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and able to work at our offices in Warrenton, VA.
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY