IETA seeks to appoint a consultant to represent the organization in China. Based in Beijing, the consultant would be responsible for the following:
- Lead IETA’s overall work in China, by representing the organization to IETA members, potential IETA member companies, Chinese government authorities and the broader emissions trading/climate change community in Beijing and China;
- Help grow a sizeable membership of leading Chinese companies to join IETA;
- Develop regular briefings and policy papers in English and Mandarin on the regulatory and commercial developments of the ETS pilots and national market in China for IETA members. Organise and schedule in-person meetings and calls as appropriate;
- Liaise with, manage and expand existing IETA relationships with Chinese government authorities and stakeholders in China;
- Analyse and assess China ETS policy developments for the IETA China Working Group by providing regular email updates and scheduling in-person meetings and calls with IETA members;
- Work with the IETA Secretariat to organise meetings and activities in China (e.g. B-PMR dialogues, workshops, etc.); 2
- Assist the IETA Secretariat in regularly updating its policy briefings and reports, and its conference activities.
- A degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline · Extensive knowledge of key issues and organisations in carbon markets
- A strong personal record in carbon markets/carbon pricing
- Proven business development experience · Ability to work comfortably with an international secretariat and as part of a small team
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills, ability to innovate in order to overcome problems, and a proactive attitude
- High-level skills in consultation, negotiation, persuasion and influencing
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Absolute fluency in English and Mandarin. Please submit your CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com
Closing date: 1/08/2016
IETA is a non-profit international business organisation that promotes market-based solutions to climate change. Our objective is to build international policy and market frameworks for reducing greenhouse gases at lowest cost, which deliver real and verifiable emission reductions with environmental integrity. To produce meaningful prices that drive change, we support market-based policies with effective emissions targets, clear rules and flexible compliance choices.
IETA works around the world to improve the credibility and functionality of today’s carbon markets. China’s national emissions trading system will be the world’s largest, once it begins in 2017. It will have a monumental influence over the future of emissions trading in the years to come.